Upcoming Events – Church News
St. Paul Family and Friends,
Please note the following announcements:
• ALTAR FLOWERS—The flowers on the altar were given by Jack and Cindy Preston. Thank you!
• PLANS FOR RETURN TO IN-PERSON WORSHIP—In recent weeks, Church Council approved plans to return to in-person worship on Sunday, July 19. You should have received a letter in the last week detailing our protocols for in-person services. In addition to discerning best practices to bring us back to in-person worship as safely as possible, the Council and the Welcome Home Committee have been working to ensure that we maintain a quality online worship experience for those who wish to continue to worship with us from home. Because we have not had streaming capabilities in our sanctuary before now, making those adjustments is taking some time. We encourage all of those who are more comfortable worshipping remotely to continue to do so. God will meet us wherever we are, and the Holy Spirit will surely fill the space between us. Thank you for your continued prayers for our congregation, its leaders, and staff as we continue to navigate these unusual times.
• WORSHIP ORIENTATION VIDEO—If you have questions about how things will work on Sunday mornings when we return to in-person worship, you can watch a brief orientation video which will appear at the end of this week’s worship video. The video will also be available on its own via Facebook and the church website.
• MISSION: POSSIBLE SUMMER CHILDREN’S PROGRAM—In lieu of our normal Vacation Bible School program, we have developed a program for kids (grades pre-K through 4) and their families to do at home. Be looking for materials to be dropped off at your doorsteps each Monday for the next five weeks. You mission, should you choose to accept it, begins THIS Monday, July 13! If you don’t receive a packet, but would like one, please contact Pastor Becky or the church office.
• THANK YOU—Thank you to all who volunteered at our fourth large-scale food distribution event this past Wednesday afternoon. 280 local families received a total of approximately 39,900 pounds of food. Food supplies ran out a half hour before the event was scheduled to end. Special thanks to our St. Paul UCC kitchen crew, under the leadership of Tami Zwez and Mark Vaughn, who provided lunch for the soldiers and food bank workers for the event.
• LIMITED OFFICE HOURS—The church office is now open for limited office hours. Until further notice, the church office will be open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00am to 3:30pm. Additionally, Pastor Becky is planning to be available in her office Tuesdays from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
• GIVE VIA TEXT MESSAGE—We are now offering giving via text through Vanco, our online stewardship partners. Just text the amount you intend to donate to 844-971-1800. For example, to give $25, just type 25 in the message box and press “Send.” To use this service, you will be required to enter your bank or credit card information the first time, and after that you will only need to text the amount. There are six funds from which you can choose, which should be entered as follows: “General” for the General Fund, “Benevolence” for our designated monthly benevolence, “Building” for the Building Fund, “Missions” for the Mission Fund, “SummerLunch” for the Summer Lunch Fund, and “PastorDisc” for the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund/St. Paul Families in Need. If you do not choose a particular fund, your gift will automatically be given to the General Fund. If you need help, feel free to call the church office at 419-738-2215.
• LET US HELP!—If you are in need of groceries, prescriptions, or personal items, or if you need assistance with other errands, St. Paul UCC may be able to help. Call Pastor Becky on her cell phone: 567-356-6773, or leave a message at the church office.
• If you are concerned about how to keep up with your regular offering, feel free to continue mailing your offerings to the church at PO Box 147, Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895, or dropping by the church office on Mondays or Wednesdays. Alternatively, you can make your offerings online at www.stpaulucc.com or by texting 844-971-1800 with the amount you would like to give.
• Daily devotions continue to be posted to our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/StPaulWapakoneta/